Video Visits - Online Physiotherapy
With the recent outbreak of COVID-19 aka the Coronavirus there has been massive changes to the field of Physiotherapy. One of these changes is the ability to offer Video Visits, or Online Physiotherapy as a substitute for in clinic care during this time of social distancing.
Think of Video Visits like Facetime, Skype, or a Zoom call, but more secure!)
It is clear that Physiotherapists have an impact to play in bettering peoples Health & Wellness, as well as in assisting individuals to work through their pain & injuries, Video Visits will allow us to continue to do that, while keeping at a safe distance!
What is a Video Visit?
Video visits use technology that allow Physiotherapists to provide services over the internet to clients, instead of face to face.
For a Video Visit the therapist will use audio & visual equipment, a computer or cellphone, and the power of the internet to deliver Physiotherapy services.
Benefits of Video Visits Include:
1. Less risk of spreading viruses such as COVID-19
2. Improved access to care for individuals living in remote communities
3. 1 on 1 care with your Physiotherapist, as there is no juggling of patients
4. No travel time to & from a clinic
5. Access to Physiotherapists who might not be within your immediate area
6. Can be completed in the comfort of your home, and times are often more flexible.
Challenges Associated with Video Visits:
1. No hands on assessment or treatment, & reduced face to face interaction
2. Not all Insurance Companies currently accept Video Visits as a service (Although Many Do!)
3. Risk of dropped calls, and/or communication failures at any point in the interaction.
4. Potential for security breaches
Wait…. No Hands On Treatment?!?
That is correct…. Unfortunatley, Video Visits make it difficult to provide hands on care.
Fortunately, many conditions that we will see in the clinic can be improved through education, exercise, and proper recommendations which are still available via Video Visits!
What we are doing at CDH Physiotherapy
1. Not everyone may be appropriate for a Video Visit, as such we will be screening potential clients & determining if a Video Visit is a good option for you or not. If a Video Visit is determined not to be a good option, you will not be charged! Simple as that.
2. We will provide you with a phone number and our email incase our session gets dropped, or there are problems connecting. As well, you can use these forms of communication to connect with your treating Physiotherapist even once the session is complete!
3. We are using top notch video & audio equipment to provide the best possible service to our customers.
4. We are using an encrypted, HIPPA, PHIA, & PIPEDA approved, secure platform. There are passwords in place, & all sessions will take place in a location with excellent sound proofing so that no one will overhear your conversation.
This means that none of your information will be store on the internet browser being used, and thus we are providing the most measures possible to keep your information safe, secure, and private.
5. We will make sure that your informed consent is received. We will have you read over some paperwork before starting the session which outlines an overview of a Video Visit, as well as the benefits & risks. At any time if you do not understand what is going on, or feel unsure about proceeding we can terminate the session. The choice is 100% up to you!
How Many Sessions Will I Need?
That is dependent upon what exactly is going on. Since each case is different, it is hard to get a good estimate about how many sessions you may need. Your Physiotherapist will discuss what they think is the appropriate plan of care for you based upon their findings, and you and them can discuss a plan for additional sessions if needed.
What Do I Need To Take Part In Video Visits?
A computer and/or smartphone that has audio or visual capabilities. You will also need to wear comfortable clothing that allows for the therapist to complete their assessment, and for you to take part in any movements that may be prescribed as treatment.
Types Of Patients That May Benefit?
1. General Injuries – Sprained ankles, low back pain, arthritis flare ups, etc.
2. Exercise Prescription – For rehabilitation purposes, or as part of an injury prevention program
3. Individuals Living with Chronic Pain – We can provide support to you via education, & exercise to make day to day tasks easier.
4. Pre or Post Surgery – Going for, or had a hip or knee replaced? Exercise is important for making sure you recover optimally and we are hear to help
How Do I Get Started??
There will be a green button at the bottom of this page that say “Click To Sign Up For a Video Visit Now!”. Click the button and it will take you to a page where you can select your date and time, next put in your information and submit. We will contact you to take care of the rest! Alternatively, if you want a date or time that is not listed feel free to contact us!
How Long Does It Take?
New Assessments will take ~60 minutes to complete.
Follow Up Treatment Sessions will take ~30-60 minutes to complete (You choose a 30 minute or 60 minute session)
What Is The Cost?
New Assessments (60 minutes) – $85
Follow Up (Longer session – 60 minutes) – $82
Follow Up (Shorter session – 30 minutes) – $70
What Are The Payment Options?
We accept payments through PayPal & E-transfers only.
Will I Be Provided With A Receipt?
Yes, a receipt will be provided after your session with the Physiotherapists license #, and will say that the session was provided via a Video Visit.
What Is The Cancellation Policy?
We understand that emergencies happen sometimes, however we ask that you cancel an appointment 12 hours before your session is set to take place, otherwise a $25 cancellation charge will be assessed.
For More Information on Video Visits
Any Additional Questions?
Reach out to us via email at [email protected] or via Call/Text at 204-290-724